Rough roads, extreme weather changes, salt, dirt and sand. Seasonal changes are tough on all of us, including your car! Now is the time to get it into peak working order. Here is a quick checklist:
- TIRES – Drastic temperature changes usually lead to your tires losing pressure. Under-inflated tires wear unevenly and lose traction more easily. Look at your tread. Make sure it’s not wearing more on the inside or outside, but evenly across. If you notice uneven wear, you might need an alignment, rotation or even tire replacement.
- WIPERS – Ice, salt, dirt and sand can abrade your windshield wipers. We’re heading into the rainy season and good wipers are going to be critical to your safety. If your wipers are rough or torn, replace them.
- COOLANT – Your heating and cooling system has probably taken a beating. In addition to refilling anti-freeze, you might want to consider a coolant flush and system inspection.
- CABIN AIR FILTER – Just like you change your air filters at home, your car’s filter needs changing too. Your cabin filter can get clogged with pollen, dirt, dust and other contaminants. We recommend changing it at least twice a year.
- MPG CHECK – Does it seem like your car has lost some of its oomph? Has your MPG bottomed out? It could be due to gunk in your fuel system. Our ASE Certified Technicians can help you with that!
QuickLane is open Monday-Saturday and can help you with all your Service needs. CLICK HERE for our current coupons.